Decorating Tuscany Style Kitchens
Decorating a Tuscany style kitchen?
Read hints and tips to get the look - here...
Discover ideal Tuscany colors, fittings and fixtures, for your ultimate in kitchen style.
Learn how to create your own Tuscan kitchen...
Decorating a kitchen in Tuscan style will bring a rustic mood into your home...
...and a relaxed Mediterranean feel.
Think good wholesome food, the smell of olives, wine and fresh crusty bread.
Feel the beautiful Tuscan landscape surround you, as you recreate a Tuscany style kitchen in your own home...
- The most important aspect for decorating a Tuscany style kitchen, is to get the color choices right...
The ideal colors for Tuscan kitchen decorating are warm earthy colors - that give a rustic feeling to your kitchen.
- Use golden yellows, terracottas and burnt orange.
Mix these with browns and burgundy.
Or go for olive greens, or Mediterranean style sea-blues.
- Do not use very fresh, bright or pastel tones.
Always choose a muted or weathered looking tone of your chosen color.
Working with Wall Texture
Using Natural Materials
Tiles for Decorating a Tuscany Style Kitchen
- Mosaics and colored tiles are a widely used effect for a Tuscan style kitchen.
Keep to the warm Tuscan colors - and use on table tops, counter tops, splash backs, or even flooring.
Simple rustic-look tiles will help you get the look
- Using picture tiles with a Tuscan theme will really help you to get an authentic feel when decorating your Tuscany style kitchen.
An oven splash back is an ideal spot for a stunning Tuscan style mural.
Choose a view of a Tuscan village landscape, vineyards, rustic farmhouses, wine or grapes and other fruit.
Choosing Tuscan Style Furniture
- Your furniture should be rustic, and old-fashioned in feel. You may be able to get some great second-hand bargains here.
Choose chunky wood furniture, with a distressed finish, or with plenty of chipped and old paint.
- You can also create your own distressed wood effect...
- Rub a little wax on places on your wood.
- Then overcoat with one or two coats of paint
- When you paint it, the paint won't adhere properly in the places where wax was rubbed.
- When the paint is dry, rub back the paint a little with sandpaper, to create an aged, distressed effect.
- Try to concentrate the wax and rubbing in areas that would receive wear naturally - like corners and edges.
- For an unusual effect, instead of wax, try an undercoat of a contrasting color paint, and rub the top coat down to show a little of the other color.
- Look out for old wooden cupboards, especially with fabric insert, or chicken-wire doors.
If you can't find exactly what you want, re-vamp some old furniture yourself...
- Cut the inside of the doors down, leaving a frame of wood a couple of inches thick around the edge of the door.
- Then, fit fabric or chicken wire inserts into the gap, stapling or gluing to the back of the cupboard door frame.
Wrought Iron Accessories and Furniture
Choosing Tuscan Style Accessories for your Kitchen
- Other accessories which will give a fantastically Tuscan style kitchen, are ceramics and terracotta.
Choose rustic style pottery bowls, pitchers and jars. Keep them proudly on display, in your Tuscan kitchen.
- Add lots of decorative bottles and jars, filled with speciality oils or spices, or preserved peppers, olives and citrus fruits.
They are very attractive to have on display in your Tuscan kitchen, and will give an authentic feel.
- Also add strings of garlic, or hang small bunches of scented herbs up in your kitchen to dry.
- You may want to consider using stencilled motifs for decorating your Tuscany style kitchen.
Use motifs of grapes and grape vines. Position them over doorways, or around cupboards, for a genuine Tuscan feel.
- When you have finished decorating your Tuscany style kitchen, make sure you sit back and relax, with a home-cooked meal of Tuscan fare, and a well deserved glass of red wine.
Decorating a Tuscany Kitchen - Shopping Inspiration
Check out what Tuscan style accessories and kitchen products are on eBay right now...
You might just find that perfect item to complete your Tuscan kitchen decorating...
This is a live feed from eBay, and is constantly updated (just like eBay itself) - so just click on any product for further information, to bid or buy ...
If any of these recommended eBay auction products interest you, please support my website by using the links on this page to buy.
The price to you is always the same, but I will earn a small commission. This allows me to continue to provide you with the information on this website, all for free.
Thanks for your continued support :)
Where to go next...
Read more information on a Tuscany decorating style.
Are you ready to start decorating your Tuscany style kitchen? Look at these practical guidelines for designing and decorating your kitchen.
Or, get advice on choosing materials, fixtures, fittings and colors for your kitchen.
Have you considered an ultra-modern kitchen instead?
Or, try a timeless style with universal appeal. Look at the country kitchen decorating style.
Look at more inspiring interior design themes and styles...
Return to the main kitchen decorating tips page.
Subscribe to my free, monthly, interior design e-zine...
Receive more decorating hints and tips for your home, direct to your inbox.
Return from this page on decorating Tuscany style kitchen to the Home Page
Top of Page
Search for words or phrases inside my site:
Search My Site:
“This practical guide is a must for any DIY decorator!”
"If you have no idea how to decorate your house or apartment or you're just not sure what you should put in which room...
"...Charlotte shows you, in an easy-to-understand way, how to tackle any project."
says David - New Hampshire, USA
"Love, love, love your site! I bought your ebooks and find them helpful and inspiring."
says Linda - United States
"I used Charlotte's book when designing my new kitchen ... I had my new kitchen planned in no time at all.
"I also used the personality colour palette to get the perfect colour ... Brilliant!"
says Sophie - Scotland, UK
CLICK HERE to order the
Interior Design It Yourself Book
AROUND 1 MILLION READERS PER YEAR (2010-2012)
Read what you say about us:
Your website is the best source of information for decorating homes that I have come across.
Sharon - Australia
I just love your web page it is fantastic for people who don't really have the design skills...
Elizabeth - Scotland - UK
'You are the first entry on my favorite places. Beautiful work, well (very well) written.'
Shirley - Laurinburg NC - USA
'U can't believe how happy I'm to find such a helpful website! it's over than great, really!!'
Lama - Sydney
'I really appreciate this amazing website & ur helpful tips... you really give us so much attention & I loved your advice...'
Mostafa - Cairo - Egypt
Thank you so much to all my lovely and loyal readers!
Copyright © 2007-2013 Charlotte Brown
t/a Charlotte Sneddon - interior-design-it-yourself.com