Romantic Bedroom Decorating
Romantic bedroom decorating - learn style tips to create your own gorgeously romantic bedroom.
We'll help you use interior design to create a pretty, romantic room...
What every woman really wants is a romantic bedroom.
It doesn't matter if it is just for yourself, or for you and your partner.
What else should your bedroom be, if not romantic?
(By the way, if you are looking for something a bit more passionate - decorating a bedroom in a sexy style might be for you..?)
Here we'll look at some top style tips for creating that romantic bedroom decorating theme:
Best Colors for Romantic Bedroom Decorating
- Stick to pale, pastel colors, and white.
Classic, romantic paint colors, such as dusky pink, lemon, lilac, wedgewood blue, soft green and aqua, are ideal choices for this look.
Stick to one color, or combine a few soft, pastel shades together.
Remember, keep to muted, pastel shades - avoid any 'fresh' hues, or your soft, romantic feel, may turn into a sickly candy-shop.
- Introduce some florals, particularly in wallpaper, curtain fabric, and bedding.
Choose gorgeous, big, blowsy blooms, or delicate, finely-wrought flowers, butterflies and birds.
- If you choose a small-patterned, delicate wallpaper, it may be able to be used all over the room.
Larger florals should be kept as accents - perhaps just to accent the wall behind the bed with a beautiful wallpaper, wall-hanging or artwork, which will bring the focus of the room onto the bed.
Learn interior design tricks for decorating with patterns.
Florals are always beautifully romantic and feminine.
Choosing the Bed
- The bed will definitely be the focal point for a romantic bedroom decorating style. Make a statement out of your bed:
- Choose a four-poster bed, wooden sleigh-bed or wrought iron bed, to suit your tastes.
- Choose an extra large headboard, for a really dramatic and comfortable looking bed.
- A 'tent' style or curtains can help make a feature out of your bed, as well as creating that romantic, 'intimate' feel which is so suitable for romantic bedroom decorating styles
Furniture for Romantic Bedroom Decorating
- Furniture in your romantic bedroom can be:
- Wooden - pine is an excellent choice for a romantic, country feel.
- Painted wood - paint in white or pastel tones, to suit the look of your room.
- Mirrored glass, Venetian style - for the ultimate in glamour and sophistication.
- Wrought iron, including wrought iron that's been painted white, to give a delicate, old-fashioned air.
- Choose a traditional or decorative style - dainty furniture, with curves and mouldings, is the order of the day.
- A pretty dressing table is a great essential, for a romantic bedroom decorating style.
Add plenty of feminine lace, mirrors, brushes, perfume in posh, glass bottles, make-up and jewellery.
It is a really beautifully feminine thing, to be able to sit down and pamper yourself at your own dressing table.
Romantic Bedroom Accessories
- Choose beautiful, large, decorative mirrors, and pictures and prints with decorative frames.
Old fashioned prints, or pictures of flowers, butterflies and birds will look great.
Try framing up a specially selected piece of gorgeously expensive wallpaper, or fabric, to get the luxury look for a bargain price.
- Or, get creative, and display beautiful costume jewellery, scarves and other personal items, in an attractive, carved frame.
Paint the frame in a pastel tone, and use a pretty floral fabric to pin your jewellery or scarves onto.
Great - practical and pretty!
(Leave the glass out of the frame, for this idea.)
- Choose beautifully full and draping voile and lace panels, to give a stunning, romantic bedroom decorating style.
- Use your voile and lace panels:
- As curtains at the window.
- As drapes around a four-poster bed.
- Or just pin them up prettily, at the head of a normal bed - for that extra romantic touch.
Include vases of beautiful, fresh flowers.
Go for old fashioned favourites, such as roses, lilies or lavender - which all look gorgeous, and will leave a delicate, lingering scent.
Creating a Romantic Mood
- Make sure that you get your mood-lighting right, to create a really romantic feel to your bedroom.
Include delicate, traditional style bedside lamps.
Also add some beautiful, fairy lights.
There are some gorgeous, petal and flower fairy lights now. Wrap them around your bed-head, or loop them around a dressing table mirror, for a pretty, relaxed feel.
- Add some scented candles, to get the romantic bedroom decorating mood just right.
Rose, vanilla or linen/cotton are great delicate scents, ideally suited for creating a soft, romantic mood in your bedroom.
Now, all you need to do is, put on your favourite negligee, set the lights down low, relax, and enjoy your romantic bedroom.
Readers' Romantic Bedrooms
Reader, Joy, makes her small bedroom feel romantic
Turn up the Heat
Perhaps you would like to get more passionate instead - decorating a bedroom in a sexy style might be for you...?
Have you got your free subscription to my interior design e-zine, yet?
Receive my free, monthly, e-mail newsletter, to get more interior design hints, tips and ideas, straight to your inbox.
More Help with Interior Designs for Bedrooms
Is this romantic bedroom decorating style the look for you?
If so, get started with these practical decorating bedroom ideas.
Look at choosing your bedroom decorating styles and design - tips and ideas for picking colors, furniture and accessories for your chosen bedroom style.
Return to the main bedroom interior designs page.
Return from this romantic bedroom decorating page to the Home Page
Top of Page
Search for words or phrases inside my site:
Search My Site:
“This practical guide is a must for any DIY decorator!”
"If you have no idea how to decorate your house or apartment or you're just not sure what you should put in which room...
"...Charlotte shows you, in an easy-to-understand way, how to tackle any project."
says David - New Hampshire, USA
"Love, love, love your site! I bought your ebooks and find them helpful and inspiring."
says Linda - United States
"I used Charlotte's book when designing my new kitchen ... I had my new kitchen planned in no time at all.
"I also used the personality colour palette to get the perfect colour ... Brilliant!"
says Sophie - Scotland, UK
CLICK HERE to order the
Interior Design It Yourself Book
AROUND 1 MILLION READERS PER YEAR (2010-2012)
Read what you say about us:
Your website is the best source of information for decorating homes that I have come across.
Sharon - Australia
I just love your web page it is fantastic for people who don't really have the design skills...
Elizabeth - Scotland - UK
'You are the first entry on my favorite places. Beautiful work, well (very well) written.'
Shirley - Laurinburg NC - USA
'U can't believe how happy I'm to find such a helpful website! it's over than great, really!!'
Lama - Sydney
'I really appreciate this amazing website & ur helpful tips... you really give us so much attention & I loved your advice...'
Mostafa - Cairo - Egypt
Thank you so much to all my lovely and loyal readers!
Copyright © 2007-2013 Charlotte Brown
t/a Charlotte Sneddon - interior-design-it-yourself.com